Saturday, November 17, 2007

Moving On to Holon


This is a picture of my friend Jody. She's been living in Petach Tikvah and volunteering at ELIYA (Israel Association for the Advancement of Blind and Visually Impaired Children).

Its the end of my 3 month Israeli Experience. Then I'm on the community service part, although I chose to also volunteer for the first 3 months. On the 28th I move to Holon, which is by Tel Aviv and Bat Yam.

I hope to volunteer at Save a Child's Heart and share an apartment with my friend Jody and other YCers.

Save a Child's Heart performs free cardiac surgery on needy children from the developing world and Palestinian Authority. SACH p
rovides urgently needed pediatric cardiac surgery and advanced follow-up care for children from developing countries suffering congenital heart diseases. The children are from Ethiopia, Nigeria, Zanzibar, Congo, China, Viet Nam, Ghana, Jordan, Moldova, the Ukraine and the Palestinian Authority. Surgical and medical teams travel overseas to train and perform surgeries on site and screen children that will come to Israel for treatment. SACH also has a full outreach-training program for the medical personnel of the developing countries.

No comments: